Economic Alliance - Houston Port Region - Mission
| || |
|We will accomplish our mission to market and grow a vibrant regional economy. We must strategically, as a non-profit organization: |
- Clearly identify and prioritize regional needs
- Implement systematic processes and initiatives to address the targeted needs
- Strategically obtain and leverage adequate resources to accomplish our mission
- Aggressively recruit our entire region's expertise to systematically work through volunteer committees and councils to accomplish our mission and strategies
We envision that we will lead our community region to:
- Retain and expand current business and economic strengths
- Grow both the number and quality of targeted new employment opportunities
- Continuously improve our quality of life and assets so that companies are drawn to our region as an incentive for their employees and that tourists aggressively visit our region.
In early 2004, The Economic Alliance conducted a formal SWOT analysis with community leaders to determine the "strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats" for our region, relating to economic development. In late 2004 and early 2005, The Economic Alliance, using the results of this analysis, reviewed its five-year strategic plan.
The five-year strategic plan was refined in 2005 to target three key areas:
- Strategy A -- Job and Economic Retention
- Strategy B -- Marketing our Region
- Strategy C -- Advocacy for our Region
Volunteer task forces were formed to address these strategies.